GOOD BYE GOOD FRIEND
The first friend I made in Chicago is off on new adventures as she heads on a road trip west to Seattle. Since, it's my third favorite city, I wish them all the best and hope to visit her some day when I am bound for the West coast. We got together with Ashbey and had dinner together up in Devon. The food was okay, but it was always more about the people. Goodbyes are tough, and it makes you realize just how many people you meet are temporary. The ones who move around from city to city since college, will probably keep moving from city to city throughout their life until something is really worth staying for.
On the way home from Devon, Ashbey and I talked about the people we were meeting these days. That a lot of them are just okay to be around with for fun, but not much more. He said it was because they aren't in the same stage of life as you, and I agree that people truly connect when they are around the same place in life or have a lot of core beliefs that are similar to their way of living.
 |
| Akiyo and Sushil moving to Seattle! |
FRIDAY NIGHTS ARE JUST RIGHT WITH COOKING
I love cooking and sharing the meal experience with friends. It's a fun, laid back, de-stressor for me after work. I especially love having a nice kitchen to work in with the AC on! This meal was a pretty simple one and didn't require a lot of prep or pans. It's been great hanging out with people lately just because I ended something that I figure was the right thing to do for myself and it left me feeling sad. Asking people if it's normal to feel that way, and hearing it is actually made me feel a lot better. I suppose it is just being hopeful of the possibility was it.
 |
| Pineapple banana salsa! |
 |
| Carribbean Jerk Tillapia with Pineapple Banana Salsa and Coconut Infused Rice~! |
 |
| I did my best to plate it as elegant as I could. |
 |
| Ping Jing always likes my cooking :) |
 |
| Felix wanted a belly rub... but I refused to give him one. |
No comments:
Post a Comment