August is finally here and I am now patiently waiting to move around again for the third time here in Chicago! It's kind of strange thinking about how I never moved around my entire life until college post-college came about. It makes me feel fortunate that my family stayed in the same house and still do. The one thing you learn about as you move around almost every year is that shit piles up. How the hell did that happen?! I was thinking of getting a couch and a tv this year for my place but after seeing all the stuff I have, I feel I should reconsider.
 |
| Stacking in the corner... |
 |
| Little things here and there in the kitchen still... |
 |
| Holy shit! I had no idea I had this much clothes! I have been meaning to get rid of some of the stuff so I guess now is a good time to do it. |
 |
| That doesn't even include the stuff on the hangers.... I should probably leave some of this in SF. |
NORTH AVENUE BEACH VOLLEYBALL
The last time I could recall playing team sports was probably sophomore year of high school. After being invited to play by some friends a couple of times, I decided to try it out. I have never really been a huge fan of team sports because people get hurt. Sometimes I hurt them and then feel really terrible about it. This time, I was rather surprised that I actually played with a team! Usually I would just go watch and sit out or wait till the game is over to hang out with them. The best part was the fact that I went after the ball instead of run away from it. At the end of the two hours though, I ended up with a lot of bruises along my hands and arms. Whoever said beach volleyball isn't a brutal sport is lying. I also got better as the game progressed and my fear of being a god awful player went away with the encouragement and kindness of the players that day. I would love to play beach volleyball again, but I think I am going to have to wait until most of the bruises heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment