Thursday, July 4, 2013

Living In The Present

It's Independence Day week and I have spent most of my free time re-energizing since my mind has released me from living in my past. It's crazy that all I did the last two years was replay historical events in my life to try and find answers to things I had absolutely no control over. The good news was that it wasn't all a waste of time. Perhaps that is why I feel free from it. Now I am living in the present and it's a foreign feeling.  I guess this is what moving on feels like.

I am now connecting with two of my siblings, my brother is connecting with my mom, and my sister is connecting with my dad. Maybe it is the idea that they all have more people to rely on that gives me a sense of relief. Reuniting my family members was one of the things I dreamed about. It used to make me sad all the time thinking about them, but now I feel pretty happy. A couple of things might change from here since there has been plenty of progress over the last couple of months. My role as a mediator coming to an end, people making an effort to understand each other, letting things go and focusing on what's left of the present and future. Mending broken relationships are tough but not impossible. It just takes a lot of time and energy.

PAINT NITE WITH LILYAN

Lilyan got me hooked on these paint nite classes in the city. So far we've painted a beach and the aurora borealis. It's a good time to catch up and just have fun making something!

Our teacher!

Wish my paintings came out more like the teacher's...

STAR BOOM!

The next Monet is a female!

Love the energy in this piece!

Lilyan's painting to the left...





...my painting to the right. It is very interesting seeing how we interpret the same subject differently.

SISTER IS A BEAST!

Ahhhh now I remember why I was terrible at winning fights against my siblings....

This girl can benchpress YOU!
I was never meant to be strong, fast, durable. But I did learn how to adapt to my situations and defend myself by recognizing that I would never overpower them with physical strength and force.

No comments:

Post a Comment