Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Being in San Fran!

It's about 630am here in San Francisco and I can't believe I am home sometimes. Since my time here is much shorter it's been a lot harder to schedule time with people. This visit, I am actually trying to spend a lot more time with my family especially since my younger brother is back home. I was really happy we were spending time together until my mom came and interrupted us. There were plenty of highlights this trip!

HOTPOT WITH THE OLD LADY AND FUJIANESE PRACTICE

It was a bit of a surprise for my grandma to see me because a) I never tell her and b) my dad doesn't tell her. I usually don't come home in May. If anything, I come home around Chinese New Year's and Thanksgiving every year. Ever since I moved away to Chicago, I rarely use Fujianese or Hokkein in conversations. My dad and I were pretty surprised it was still good. The funny thing about the language is how crass it is when speaking it. I actually don't know how to do more than entertain my dad and joke around at my grandmother's expense. My dad said it makes her old life more interesting when we do.

LITTLE SHEEP!

BEST HOT POT EVER!
WALKING IN GOLDEN GATE PARK WITH MY MOM

I actually spent the least time with my mom but I did make time for her. We went walking in the morning taking photos together.

SF Flower of Conservatory!

Some pretty flowers!

More pretty flowers!

Still waiting to bloom.

This plant looks like those neon rubber spikey balls!
BROTHER!

My favorite camera shots! People hate it but I think it's funny taking these food eating shots :) I wish I got to take a photo with my brother but it didn't happen :(

I guess the next trip I will be able to since he is in SF indefinitely.

NOM!

NOM! NOM!
It's been a long time since we had family photos and I think it's time to start repopulating my desktop and family albums with them.

HELLO FRIENDS

I saw Noel and Helen not too long ago but they are back! Well... I am back... 

Molly Time!

Can we eat them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment