Friday, May 24, 2013

Hours Are Longest Before Leaving

I don't know what it is like for other people but this last week I basically did nothing after work besides sleep. I think I have to tell myself that I won't draw in my own place anymore because I find myself tired throughout the day from work or hanging out, and the minute I get back home, I might pick up my reference books or search the web for things I can study from and draw. All that tiredness does disappear, but it resurfaces during other activities. It's going to get crazy hot in Chicago soon and my place will be waaay to warm for me to want to stick around. I think I will try working at some of the coffee/tea shops around my area one day during the weekend. It's kind of nice being around other people doing something similar sometimes. All the Spring flowers are gone on Michigan avenue in downtown Chicago so I will probably take some Summer photos of the landscape architecture. Today I learned about the golden hour being the best time to take photos in the city- It's an hour before the sunsets! Since I have no new photos, I'll draw from a pile of photos I haven't put up yet but are from older events. Let's learn about mummification shall we!

Anubis appears to guide the soul to the afterlife. I believe the guy is reading some kind of ritual to call upon this god.

Body Prep!

More body prep...

I wonder how terrible it smells when you let a body dry out for forty days in Egypt.

Do the rodents and insects hitch a ride to the Afterlife too?

Guard the bodies!

Check up!

I count five bodies.


Coffin and organ jar selections!

Massive bandaging!

Almost done...

Pure white linen!

Organ removal... Hey... these photos aren't in order?!

Wrap it up!

Peering through the door...


The final goodbye...

And gone...

WHOA WHOA! How did these slip in here! I liked the little model setups better.

Small child o_O!

No comments:

Post a Comment