Saturday, May 11, 2013

Goodbye San Franciscans!

 DANGEROUS OBSESSIONS! A NIGHT OWL FOR ART, AN ENGINEER DURING THE DAY

Currently I am obsessed with art related things and that is absolutely terrible for my health and sleep cycle. It's 4am in the morning and I was up till 1am yesterday night drawing before I went to bed, then I had to get up early for work on Friday. Despite all of that, I became obsessed with trying to find clothing that I would be interested in screen printing on, and then storyboarding and animation for Ender's Game. At the moment, I have the characters all designed and ready to be put into storyboards. I also have a song I want to use for the 4-5 minute animation if I ever get that far.

Ender Wiggin is leaving home for the IF Battle School

Valentine Wiggin and family says farewell to Ender


FAREWELL NOEL, THE LAST MONTH HAS BEEN A BLAST!

This morning is the last day of Noel's one month visit to Chicago. As our time together drew near the end, I thought a lot about how pleasantly surprised I was that I could live with a roommate. My preference since I moved here to Chicago was to live alone because I wanted to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and invite people from SF and other guests over any time. I always thought that having a roommate with shared space would be difficult because you would have to check with them about doing things, or change your routine sometimes to accommodate each other's living patterns. But with someone similar to you, or someone who understands you well enough, you can live and benefit from the company of another person.

On her last day in Chicago, we checked out Toni's Pizza and Molly's Cupcakes while spending the rest of the time reflecting on the last month, friendship, and what it means to know someone.We wondered if we knew detailed things about each other or not. Noel said that she cannot say for example what kind of clothing she think I would pick to wear if we went shopping together, or what kind of tea I like to buy. To me, those are details that aren't as important to remember. I think what people remember most about another person is their passion and interest in similar subjects and activities, which is why people gravitate towards each other. As nice as it is for someone to know what to get me or for me to get them something, I think learning about their story, feelings, dreams, fears means a lot more. Those are the things worth remembering about someone. All the other stuff like fashion style or how you like your cup of tea or coffee is just a bonus.
 
Cupcakes from Molly. Their Almond Battered Strawberry Rhubarb Cupcake was amazing!
HELEN VISITS AS WELL

Although Helen's stay was much shorter, we packed it with a lot of outdoor activities and eating!
Pamphlets for activities in the city of Chicago geared towards the gay community on CTA seats.

I need to take more photos of spring flowers. From the holy garden at Bahai.

Sometimes I think I am a photo genius :) How gorgeous is this shot!




No comments:

Post a Comment