| This is Noel cooking in my hallway. |
TRIGGERS- TO SEARCH AGAIN?
I usually don't check my other email that I use for job searching, but occasionally, some of those emails end up in my personal account. For some reason, when I saw an alert for new job postings, it really made me think about the fact that I probably should start looking again. Another thing, I can't believe.
I have known for a while now that there is a clock over my head at my current place, and it will be good till the end of 2014. The fate of the Division of Science is in the hands of people who don't know anything about what it takes to do testing, research and development, and what role the laboratory plays in representing the U.S. when it comes to developing international safety and standard guidelines for dental products.
Of all the jobs I have had in my short career life so far, this place has a personal meaning to me, which is why I always thought that if I ever came back I would want to stay for the rest of my career. It's a very romantic notion that you could stay loyal to your current company and they would also look out for you. But, the times have changed so much. To stay competitive in most fields, one must move around every three to five years at a company to stay competitive. For engineers, I believe that is true. Every time you move around, you're learning about new technologies and instruments, you're learning from your coworkers as they are learning from you hopefully, and you're challenging yourself and testing your abilities to adapt to changes.
A year ago I said I would ride this out and return home to take time off to spend with my family and friends back home as well as spend time on my art before looking for another job, but now I want to actually transition straight into another one when the time comes. This might be due to another thing I believe about myself now at this point. That as much as I love art as my hobby, the amount of time I would spend doing it, would decrease as I get older because other things become a priority. I lived and did some of the things I always wanted to in the last couple of years with it, and even if it was just a taste of what was possible, it was good to know that I had potential and that other people thought so too. That validation was what I wanted, and it helped put me more at peace with it.
Whether you like it or not, you always have to be aware that changes are coming.
NEW FRIEND
I haven't taken many photos with the new people I met, but I did get permission for this one!
| This is Rishi at Farmer's Market at the MCA. |
| Summer concerts begin at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. |
| People were dancing at during the last song by the Pink Martini :) |
Yay! You made a trip to the Farmer's Market! Is this the one near the spice shop?
ReplyDeletePlease don't give up on your passions. You are an amazing artist. We see much more than just potential in the many universes that you create for your art. We see the heart you put into your craft. We see your undeniable talent. We see you. :)