Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Friends in The City of Wind

Life is getting better each day here in Chicago. It is starting to feel like a place where I can live again. I made some new friends, two in particular, who make my days better. Work is still a scary battlefield, and I am seeing more scary things happen, but I am keeping busy outside of work trying new things, hanging out with people, being semi-productive.

I have been in Chicago for about 5 months now and managed to lose 10lbs in that time. It is mainly because my kitchen is small that I don't enjoy cooking lots of stuff, and because I don't know where are good places to eat outside. I therefore have been increasing my vegetable and fruit intake and decreasing my grain intake. I am not trying to follow a diet of any sort because I haven't looked into any of it. It just so happens to by my own preference. On top of that, I like stopping by the gym for a swim class and a good run on the treadmill.

I have new goals that I think are pretty defined and have been doing my best to keep to it.

1. Decrease time spent on the computer. Dedicate 1 day to just reading, 1 day to artistic projects, or combine the two in one day.
2. Drecrease watching tv show. That was easier that I expected.
3. Experience new things.
4. Seek professional help to work on things that are issues deeply ingrained in me.
5. Spend more time with Flavio and Akiyo :)

Here is Akiyo at Intelligentsia. She is really pretty!
Machiato?

I like brussel sprouts so I baked some and then made some pasta.

More brussel sprouts and potstickers

A cartoon gig

1 comment: