Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cooking Spree

 So this last week hasn't been so great after ice fishing. The machinist had a major surgery to clear up the blockage in his femoral artery and I just learned Friday that he will be out the next two weeks. Work was pretty boring, going through the paperwork and writing documents. I plan on doing some prep work machining this coming week. Anyways, I have been thinking a lot about comfort food and most of the dishes I have been making lately are things I remember having or making at some point:

Scalloped Potatoes (CO) with Tiff and Davis
Memphis Rub Pork (NY/CT) with Noel, Tiff, and Davis
Some Kind of Lamb Shanks (CO) with Tiff's In-Laws
Sausage Medley (CO) with Tiff's In-Laws
Scrambled Eggs Vic's Style (SF) the one thing I remember my sister request of me growing up
Baked Brussel Sprouts (SF) with Mom and Dad
 Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (CO) with Tiff and Davis

Things I still want to make:
Fried Rice ( New Shanghai in Daly City, but they closed down :( )
Oily Noodles (Literal translation of a traditional burmese dish)

White onions, red bell pepper, olives, spinach, mushroom, sausage

Yummy, fluffy, buttery, eggs

It was all eaten up before noon at work when I brought it in the next day

My banana chocolate bread, scrambled eggs, and delicious stir fried sausage with vegetable medley

I had to suffocate my smoke detector so the building fire alarm wouldn't go off...


I had to pry it off..


I burned my laundry card on the stove top

Japanese food is good in Chicago compared to Chinese food :)

Mustard Rosemary Lamb and Baked Asparagus

Delicious!

Had some leftover scalloped potatoes

2 comments: