Life has gotten waaay more interesting after the last time I posted. I started making friends in the city of Chicago and have met so many international people here that it seems so strange and CRAZY (in a good way)! I love hearing about different cultures and life there with some hope of doing international travel myself. Until then, I suppose I can just listen to stories from people who are doing such things. I met a girl at the Chicago Cultural Center with my friend Akiyo and learned that she is from Paris couchsurfing her way for a couple of months in the US and Canada. I hosted her for three days in my studio before she headed off to the west coast. She is Asian and she told me that from the short time we hung out that when I am ready to do things that seem kind of crazy, I will. Haha. She also said, "You are not the person you think you are." That was probably the one line I will remember from her. She left me a key chain from Paris of the Eiffel Tower and a message that told me to believe in myself. As more people tell me to believe in myself, I start to slowly feel like I can do anything. I always knew that it was going to take a couple of months to really feel free of the mentality I had living in SF, and now that I have, I am more open-minded about things. On my delayed flight back to Chicago, I met a guy who was just coming back from his study abroad program in China. We talked for 5 hours about his trip, about food, and funny enough love relationships. I was glad I didn't have to suffer boredom on a long flight back. So much more has happened and I am now doing things instead of staying online for too long on gchat. Haha. The photos are in no specific order by the way. Enjoy!
 |
| Geek out! |
 |
| With funny math equations! |
 |
| My couchsurfing guest. |
 |
| Slowly organizing and eating sweets and savories! |
 |
| My dad brought back a lot of asian bakery goods from SoCal. |
 |
| Starfruit. It taste and has the texture of a pear, peach, and plum. LOL! |
 |
| Frittata with chicken apple sausage, garlic, onion, and spinach. I really wish I had a bag of kale instead... but I threw in the spinach because I wanted to up the veggie content. |
 |
| Bacon, onions, string bean. I learned that bacon infused veggies are delicious! |
 |
| Ken Price was the tour guide of the Palmer Hotel. He made history fun! |
 |
| The Palmer Hotel. This is a statue of Romeo and Juliet. Mrs. Potter wanted the hotel to be a place that offered a little help with romance. |
No comments:
Post a Comment