Monday, January 9, 2012

Falling Apart and Picking Up the Broken Pieces

So starting from last Tuesday till now, my mental shield collapsed. What I felt took the cake for experiences in Chicago caused by one person and stress. After letting myself fall apart I started to feel like my body was experiencing survival mode. My guts locked up and I couldn't get myself to eat or sleep properly due to an overload of bottled up feelings, frustration, and anguish. Today was the last day I think I needed for my body to come out of that survival mode and dissipate all that negative energy. Through much venting and counseling from friends, and a book given to my by Jean, I was about to detox and widen my perspective on dealing with people. I am very grateful to everyone who has helped me get out of this stronger. Tomorrow I am going to have to go back to work and try dealing with things in a different way. I have no idea what happens, but I don't think it will escalate to the HR department.

On other notes, I got a new table from Target. It was much better than the crappy coat hanger I bought that kept falling apart even with fishing line and chopsticks as additional supports.

My kitchen table... strangely I don't like eating here...

Cantaloupe and Proscuitto Pasta- it was better the next day


My new table for  everything :D

Salvaged shoe rack from the coat rack

The room now...

Brighter...

The silly spiderman balloon that increased my happiness during my shit week. The balloon artist told me to not let people tell me what I can or can't do, and if I was to do something, to start today.

Cute isn't it?

I had this strapped to my arm while grocery shopping. It felt silly and great for an adult to be happy because of a balloon superhero.

1 comment: