It is Thursday and the wind is howling outside. I am really glad I got home before it started blowing harder. Today was such a strange day. I finished my drawings for Annual Session and started working on some other drawings for another test apparatus coming up. I also was able to help my partner on his dynamometer again. Work-wise things went well :)
After work my coworkers invited me to go grab a drink. I don't know why it felt so difficult for me to stay there for long. I think part of it is because I just don't know how to relate to them outside of work. I managed to spill my drink which in retrospect is sorta funny. I left feeling sad for some strange reason and I wonder if it is because I just miss doing the things I normally would at home with friends like board games, arts and crafts, and karaoke. Drinking with the folks back home just seemed more fun even though we were really only beginning. I felt all teary on the bus ride home and managed to calm down afterwards. I knew leaving my friends would be the hardest thing about the move and I wonder when it will be a little easier to adjust to being on my own again. I had thought the transition would be much easier.
Don't get me wrong. Chicago is still a pretty neat city to be in and I like the people at work for the most part and the work I am doing. This time a significant part of my life feels like it is missing which wasn't so much the case when I first came here.
Some of the boldness and humor that was me because of my friends was left behind in California. I hope I'll get it back when you guys come visit.
I think when you look back at your first posts on this blog a year from now, you'll see how far you've come. Future is bright and can only get better; though you only have a few coppers to spend these first couple of hands, you'll start raking in provinces in no time. Keep shuffling :>
ReplyDeleteNoel and I plan to raid your sunset residence before visiting you in Chicago. If you did leave behind any boldness and humor (highly doubt it -- it's all in you, man), we'll find it and fly it to you. Miss you tons! =)
ReplyDeleteI guess it is difficult whenever you go to a different place, especially in the beginning. I can still remember in the first three month in Chicago, on a cold winter evening, I was waiting for the bus by myself and all of sudden, I realized that I was all alone here in Chicago. All my family and friends were far far far away across the ocean, on the other side of the earth... I was almost in tears. Well, look at me now. I am happy, surrounded by friends, and on top of that, I found a sister! :) Like the saying, everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
ReplyDelete