Sunday, November 10, 2013

Asian Feast

In the past week I think I have eaten out once or twice a day except for last Friday and Saturday. All the eating out has left me feeling a little sick to my stomach so I decided to do some massive cooking with the intention of eating my home cooked meals for the week. These days I haven't been around my place very much and I wonder how this affects my productivity. I guess I am just spending more of my time elsewhere and my place is just turning into a place I have to come back to for maintenance. I suppose I should do something about it. Ever since my sister organized my place, I have been meaning to do more at home. My art, keyboard practice, walking or running. Anyways, I was pretty determined to finish a lot today. I cooked my meals for the week, did two loads of laundry, and took a short walk around the neighborhood just to move around a bit. Unfortunately, I still have plenty of cleaning left to do.

Massive cooking usually last me for a week and a half assuming I eat out once or twice with friends. Usually when I do this, I have my music on to keep me going. This week I went the all Asian route with my cooking. 

Setting everything up for a half day of cooking...

Eggs, pork belly, bean thread noodles, green onions, shrimp, ground pork, memphis rub, shallots, brown rice...

BBQ pork, cabbage, and shitake mushroom!



FRIED RICE! My version just has shrimp, eggs green onion, and BBQ pork.

I mixed some of the rice with shitake mushroom, shallots, green onion and then wrapped them in egg. I got tired after a while so I stopped making the crepes.

My mom used to make this at home all the time. I guess it's just bean thread noodle soup. Chicken broth, shrimp ground pork, cabbage, and shitake mushroom. Probably the healthiest thing I made this weekend.

Memphis rub pork belly... harder to cook than I thought. I was pretty excited they had this at Trader Joe's.
I am super tired now...

No comments:

Post a Comment