This past week I went to a research conference to present the project I was working on the last year. That conference took me back to a city I got to know during my fourteen months in Eastern Washington. Seattle- the sister city to San Francisco, holds a special place in my heart. It was as close as I was going to get to San Francisco this time. The coast, the mountain, the space needle, glass sculptures, Pike's market, crumpets, cheese festival, and music festival are all the things I love about that city. I wandered around the city to the places I have been before, and made some effort to explore some other places I have never seen and been. The best part of the trip was the Seattle Art Museum, the Chiluhy Glass Sculpture Museum, sitting by Puget Sound along the wharf, riding the monorail, and see the city at night from the Space Needle. The vacation was just long enough for me to enjoy and miss my home here in Chicago.
While I was in Seattle, there was so much I wanted to write about life, but I guess that moment has passed. What I do know is that I am behind schedule on my professional goals. Update engineering resume, create a website and portfolio for my art, work on art projects I had planned a year ago. Does that mean I am not working hard enough?
How often do plans work out? I suppose the only thing you can do is have plans but learn to adapt them to your situations. I had always thought certain things in life would have happened earlier, but now they will have to be worked in later. I also just realized that I surpassed the number of months I have lived in a city outside San Francisco. A year and a half is the record in Chicago. How I would love to be here for at least three to five more years.
 |
| Candy store had a gigantic gummy bear made of gummy bears! Basic units! |
 |
| Chiluhy's sculptures were used in theater productions. |
 |
| The Perisian room was one of my favorite! The ceiling had all these glass sculptures above. I almost laid down on the floor just to enjoy the view and the colors. |
 |
| See?? |
 |
| I love this boat. |
 |
| I was really lucky I chose a good day to play in Seattle :) |
 |
| A car accident caused Chiluhy to lose his vision in his left eye(?) so he now just mentors his apprentices to make these art sculptures for sale at the store. |
 |
| Seattle after dark :) It was a chilly night. |
 |
| Hard at work :) |
Could you put the pictures in a slide show? Would be easier to view. maybe there is a widget that will do that?
ReplyDelete