Ever since I got back from my trip to the far East, I felt like something about my mentality changed. It might have been something that would have happened anyways, because a series of events is usually the trigger.
It is the beginning of the new year, and I also wonder if this is influencing my moods lately. I'll just call it the beginning of the year crisis. I am not sure if I am learning anything new anymore. I lost the ability to walk into the machine shop and make parts on my own that I draw up, leading to part of my dissatisfaction with my job. The other part is just related to getting stuck in the middle of a political struggle. Those kind of things always leave me confused.
On top of that, I feel like I haven't done anything with my art. I haven't been drawing, so today I rearranged my space. I wanted to make it more conducive to creativity. Last year I thought I was actually moving forward and had some sense of direction being proactive. Now, I don't know. Did anything really change? Will things start to change? This is starting to feel like a rut.
Add one more part of home sickness and I am totally bummed. I miss San Francisco and my friends and even though some of them are visiting in April and May, I feel like I need to go back sooner.
As promised, I am going to post some pictures from the rest of my trip. I am glad a lot of the photos captured the good times, because it was a rollercoaster for me out there that depending on the mood I am in, I would say it was good and bad. It's like asking someone if the cup is half full or empty. Either answer is correct.
.jpg) |
| Some crazy wrestling! |
 |
| Haha up on a ruin |
 |
| Old temple |
 |
| Old... |
 |
| Natural colors for lacquerware |
 |
| More old buildings |
 |
| I saw so many gigantic buddhas |
 |
| My family from my mom's side |
 |
| more family |
 |
| I kid you not! This photo was not edited. |
 |
| I have never seen a lake so clear in my life. |
 |
| Some parts of the national park had a lot of snow and some areas didn't. They had several lakes like this throughout the park. |
 |
| Tibetan and Cheung performance |
 |
| Tibetan family dinner |
 |
| That water is so damn blue |
 |
| Sugar candy artist |
 |
| Love how funny Mindy and Jamie are! |
 |
| A delay flight and lack of entertainment lead to a duel of strength! |
 |
| Lots of plane rides I tell you |
 |
| Noodles in Kunming with strangers |
 |
| I got my hair washed! |
Um, are you sure your true calling isn't Asian Super Stardom? You're heckaaa photogenic. The ruins picture looks like a still from a movie and you're the lead!! Can't wait for May! Seriously, my coworkers keep telling me that they look forward to May because I'll finally shut up about the trip. I think they're just jelly. Friends united!!!!
ReplyDelete