Monday, January 21, 2013

Why the F Does Recovery Take So Long?!

I never realized that being sick for three weeks would really mess with my mental and physical state. It's like hitting a new low for the year. My mind felt achy and dull for a really long time and it seems like I am coming out of it with still a slight buzz. Even though I am eating more frequently, I feel like my body's physical state is in terrible condition. My muscles feel like they are shriveling up, and the first workout I went to since I got back was pretty damn hard. I doubt I will feel sore because I struggled the whole time trying to keep up and didn't.

Chicago hasn't really been snowy this year but it doesn't mean it doesn't get cold. These days, with the degrees below the 20's, I just feel like staying home reading, playing around with my art, listening to music, chatting with people, and working on my Etsy site and trying to find local places where I can display my mugs. In the last six days, I have been working and obsessing over it. The fact that I actually did it, made me realize that maybe I shouldn't have. Now I gave myself another thing to worry about. Haha! At the moment I found three places locally here that would be willing to see my work. I am just learning how difficult the world of art and craft is. Seller's permit, consignment deals, renting tables and spaces. How do people start without that much volume? I suppose I'll learn a lot this year by taking the plunge.

Like last year, I'll set my goals on my blog, and probably by the end of 2013 look over it and see if I was able to semi-complete some of it.

Work on a website and focus more on my art. I started to do that the last year, but I guess I need to get the wheels turning a little more.

Network. I meant to do that last year and never did. God damn it, it will happen this year! I separated all the meetup groups that are more for social networking, from the ones that are for my craft and goal to do art for game developers.

Run the Hot Chocolate and maybe some other races. These things are expensive though... so maybe I'll just say run outdoors in the Spring until the weather gets blistering hot because of Summer.

I will never be able to stop procrastinating on my computer... so I won't make a goal for that.

Also, I want to thank Helen for the greeting card! While I was sick it was nice to open something other than bills and junk mail. I look forward to our Boston/Chicago trip in April!

When I came back I really wanted to see my friends, but I guess being sick, and it being a long three day weekend means most people are out of town. I did however get to see Stella and Christina for sushi, so I was really happy today! They saved me from a mediocre long weekend, and from obsessing over things and re-evaluating what I am doing this year.

This morning I decided to play around with my characters for Valentines Day. Here's some mucho love for all of you. Send one to someone you like!














No comments:

Post a Comment