Friday, October 7, 2011
The Sixth Week of Chicago
Today when I got home a huge package from my sister came which made me feel better after another day of work. I don't know why I have a hard time adjusting, and I feel like I am making more trouble than I am worth. I can probably talk to you guys about it because it would definitely be better than blogging it. Haha, this blog has my engineering coworkers a tad worried I am saying bad things about them LOL! This week I went swimming for the first time in years and it was pretty different. I kind of wished the pool was more open so I could just float in the water and think about my life while drifting in a confined space but all I can really do is swim laps. After work I went looking for things in the city. I went to the famous popcorn shop to get some popcorn and a card for someone. I met a nice couple in line who asked if this place was so good it was worth the wait and we talked for a bit. They came down from Pennsylvania and had a son in the Chicago area participating in the marathon I was going to volunteer at. I told them I moved here a month ago and probably have to learn to make friends. They told me they thought I was a nice and sweet girl and asked if I was single. Then they said their son is single too and that I might see them at the marathon where thousands of people are going. HAHA! That's kinda funny right? They have their son's interest in mind. What sweet parents. LOL. Anyways, it was kinda funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Um, runners are hot. Dooo itttt. Meettt himmm.
ReplyDeleteand yes, don't be a stranger. We're just a call away, man! =)