Life at work is still pretty tough. My partner calls me a slacker and is still being mean to me. I have learned something that helps out a bit though thanks to Ron. If the conversations are about him and how great he is then I am less likely gonna hear hate jokes. It is tough not having a project at work and I have a feeling we won't get any assigned really until next year. I hope I don't have to work with him forever. I have asked people in the lab, particularly my team, to let me know if I can help them with things. I suppose I shouldn't care what they think. It isn't my fault I don't have something to work on consistently at the moment. The machinist told me to give my supervisor time to find something for me to work on, but I am getting anxious being there because I kinda have nothing to work on.
Other than work still being awful, this was the first weekend I truly had fun since I have been here. I went to two meetups. I went to one in Argyle which was for a Chinese restaurant and met a meetup goer who I met 4 years ago. It was pretty amazing because he remembered my name and what I like to do which is art. I stuffed my face with so much exceptional Chinese food that night that I looked like I was in the third trimester of pregnacy when I left. I don't think I need to go to Chinatown anymore for so-so Chinese cuisine. Anyways, this was really like my first intentional night out in the city without knowing anyone. Not all that scary, but it would be better if I didn't keep on forgetting my cellphone. I would have written about it yesterday except that I was really tired after stuffing my face.
I know this is the eighth week in Chicago, but I have to blog about today too. Today I went to a board game meetup at someone's house and had tons of fun. The people were very friendly and they fed us too. Haha. The host had two cats which I didn't get to see much, but I met a nice guy who gave me a ride back home after the event because it was dark and ran later than I expected. I played this game called Agricola with horrible playing instructions. The guy who wrote it should be fired. Seriously. I would have won if we kept playing because I was popping babies like crazy in that game and they give you a turn. They ended up as beggars because I didn't have enough food to feed them, but I did make a nice home for them by upgrading it to the max. Hella funny. When I got home I attempted making those breakfast muffins again. I think finding a cornbread/muffin mix you like is really important. The one from Whole Foods did not taste so good because it wasn't sweet and more on the bland side. I will probably get another mix the next time I attempt this. It was a really good learning experience. This weekend flew by so fast and I am very sad that another week of work begins tomorrow.
yay! I'm so proud of you!! I hope you continue to meet new people and make new friends. These meet-ups sound awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhy is your coworker so mean? Geez. Maybe you can create your own project?