Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Never Ending Winter

The beginning of May is in full swing and it feels strangely like San Francisco on average with the drizzling rain, fog, and cool temperatures. The weather in Chicago is so crazy this year that the tulips down Michigan avenue are struggling to bloom. They popped out of the flower beds and started to wither when odd 30 degree weather hit on and off in Chicago. Surviving the long winter made me want to fly back to the west coast where it is strangely warmer this year.

MACY'S FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW- THE SECRET GARDEN

The flowers may not be blooming outside in Chicago but that doesn't mean I can't find gardens indoors in the city. This year's flower and garden show was called the secret garden. It sounded like a British theme but it was hard to tell sometimes. They added garden sculptures of horses and deer's, chess pieces, a self portrait of a man in an impressionistic style, some porcelain garden sculptures, a bike with a piano, a dining table, and some colorful lanterns, with the highlighting piece of the whole show being a mannequin in a flower dress. I think of all the shows I have been to, Brazil was the best since the toucan was made of flowers itself.










 













 

TATTOOED..... TEMPORARILY

I got a henna tattoo during one of the Navy Pier's festival of the world event. It was interesting watching those ladies work with a frosting pipe on your hand. It looked like chocolate frosting until it started to dry out and crack off.




TOO MUCH MEAT

I come from a meat loving family, so not having meat during lunch and dinner is a hard habit to break. Lately I feel like I need to cut down on the animal protein and replace a portion of it with GREENS!
Xiao is a little picky about his vegetables but he will usually eat it if I put it on a plate for him.




ABSTRACT ART???

For the past year I have not done anything art projects in my studio. These days I have been thinking more about painting abstract art pieces. I haven't made time for this but would really like to.

THE GYM

I don't know what happened here but I basically stopped going to the gym. Why? Probably because I want to spend more time with Xiao. Gym is an hour and a half process. With tutoring eating my Wednesdays, time spent as a couple, time spent with friends occasionally, and domestic duties like cleaning and cooking, I find it difficult to make time for anything else. It sounds like an excuse for sure so I have been thinking about trying to hit the gym before work. I cringe a little at the thought of waking up early, but I heard doing something good for yourself really early before doing things for someone else (work) makes you more efficient throughout the day. Plus it would free my evenings up to hang out and do things. With Xiao temporarily living with me, my bed time is unfortunately earlier and my first wake in the morning is much earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment